Saturday, March 28, 2015

Road Trip!

Hello Guys and Girls,
     I recently came back from a fabulous road trip. I headed on a 7 hour drive to a hotel 40 minutes away from Mesa Verde right after church. I was extremely tired, and since I had a fever a week ago. My parents got worried and they took my to the doctor because I had another fever in the previous week. So the doctors prescribed 11 mg of what I call Yuck! Medicine. I had to take it through my whole road trip and the last dosage was on the last day. Going back to Mesa Verde, I saw the Spruce Tree House in Mesa Verde, and hiked Petroglyph Trail. I also had to do it to become a Jr. Ranger. We saw Cliff Palace, pit houses,  Sun Temple, almost every thing in Mesa Verde. After our exhausting day we headed to Pagosa Springs.  It was a lovely spring but reeked of rotten boiled egg. It was nice to relax, except when I wanted to go into the river near the springs that the springs owned. Right when my feet hit the water I almost shrieked and ran back to one of my favorite springs in the whole spring. [Pagosa has many springs, my favorite was The Columbine. It's average temperature was 102 degrees to 108 degrees.] The Columbine was my favorite because any other spring above 110 degrees fried me. Joking, but I got hot really fast and I didn't like it.  I also liked Dancing Water, and The Blue Lagoon in Pagosa. They weren't above 100 degrees and my brother kept jumping on my mom trying to get a piggy back then he did the same with me.:( Then after a day in the springs, my parents decided last minute since we had time. To head to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. It was fun in till the sandstorms hit. We weren't even close to our car so my mom pulled an Ikea bag over our heads and we stayed that way in till the sand storms stopped. It really hurt my feet though. By the time we reached our car, all of my family members had sand every where. In our shirts, pants, sweaters, shoes, even underwear! We got sand all over the car and I had to change clothes. Then we headed to our next hotel which was 2 1/2 hours away from the hotel. After that, My brother and I went snowboarding! It was difficult through the thick snow in the morning. Then in the afternoon the sun melted some of the snow so we could actually snow board without getting stuck in thick snow all the time. I fell a lot and hurt my tush though. Not a good car ride back home. :( I slept most of the way so it didn't bother me. Then we were at Home, Sweet, Home. :)
   Hope you guys enjoyed this post, and just in case all of the locations I went to on my road trip were in Colorado. I may do individual posts going more into detail about each location, but I don't know. Leave a comment if I should do individual posts, and please answer the poll at the side. That asks what type of music you prefer. I prefer classical because that is the gerne of music I play on my violin. Thank you guys for reading, and for such kind words. I will hopefully write another post soon. :)
Bye,
Mizz Twisted :)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely trip. So busy though haha. I laughed when you were talking about your mum´s Ikea bag of your head. Funny! Grace, I cannot answer your questions on the right of your blog, you should fit it.

    I don´t want you to get annoy with me for the next question but I am not sure if you are a boy or a girl. I think I have never heard your name before. Until today, I thought you were a boy but... I am sure actually.

    Anyway, do you know what? You made me look at the diccionary for the word "tush" haha. Another new word for my head to remember in English. Do you know any Spanish? I am sure you could learn easily as you are learning violin which I think it is far more difficult. Clever child!

    SNOW... I LOVE IT! I am jealous of you and your family :)

    EXCELLENT POSTS. You made my friend Natalia written you in the previous post. Feel proud of yourself and keep this good work up! (Don´t doubt to correct the english mistakes of my comments, remember that I am just learning English and your blog is helping me a lot! Thank you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a girl, and thank you for the compliments. I really appreciate it. I do not know that much Spanish. I know the basic words like Hi or bye. I'm sorry about the questions. I blog on the computer so it always works for me. I will see if there is anything I can do to fit i on a different screen.
      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, the question says it is close to any answer. It may help you to fit it. Anyway, I will be glad yo read your posts whatever you want: your experience with the violin, details of that trip, how are you going at school, characteristic things about your culture and so on, you choose :) Surprise me and everyone who gets into your blog! But remember to write with passion, rich structures, include visuals... Student blogging challenge will be for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waitinig for you to write another of your fantastic posts! Keep rocking it, you were doing well :)

    ReplyDelete